Plus Mentoring & Supervision
Find out more here .....
Which qualification is best for me?
Exploring the qualification options
The ILM qualifications in coaching and mentoring are widely considered to be the gold standard in the UK. You have the choice of qualifying at level 3, 5 or 7. Use the links below to find out more about each level, including the course structure and prices.
Getting this right can be a minefield, so Clare for a chat on 01380 888013 for impartial and honest advice.
Here are a few tips:
- Level 3 is the shortest, cheapest and most basic qualification, with Award or Certificate available
- Levels 5 and 7 both require around 300 hours of study (on average), so are a similar time commitment
- You don’t have to do level 5 before you do level 7
- At level 3 you will be probably be coaching junior colleagues, level 5 managers at any level and for level 7, you will be coaching senior strategic leaders.
- All the qualifications are suitable for beginners and experienced coaches – our courses differentiate by offering a variety of pick and mix learning modules.
- All of our qualifications are available through virtual learning (you can start any time) or we can design and deliver a bespoke blended programme for your organisation.
- All our ILM qualifications include the option to complete a free Diploma in NLP Coaching.
- Before you enrol you will have an informal chat with Clare to guide you through the choices and answer your questions
- To find out about our alumni support click here
ILM Level 3 Coaching & Mentoring
The level 3 qualifications in coaching and / or mentoring are popular with new and experienced coaches alike.
A great entry level qualification for those that are supervisors or team leaders in organisations.
ILM Level 5 Coaching & Mentoring
Level 5 qualifications in coaching and mentoring are popular with new coaches and is the most popular qualification for internal coaches.
ILM Level 7 Executive Coaching & Mentoring
The level 7 qualification is popular with new and experienced coaches alike. This includes internal coaches in organisations as well as freelance executive coaches.
Level 7 is suitable for beginners as well as those who have already have lots of experience. The Certificate and Diploma are both available. You will be coaching senior strategic leaders in organisations and/or business leaders.
In academic terms, this qualification is comparable to a postgraduate certificate, postgraduate diploma, or Masters degree.
ILM 7 Supervision of Coaches
The level 7 qualifications in supervision are popular with experienced coaches and supervisors. This includes coaches who would like to take the next step into offering supervision services and new or experienced supervisors who wish to gain a qualification.
What is it like to study with Inspired2Learn?
Next steps after learning to coach with us
- An ILM qualification could be the first step towards further professional recognition with your coaching. A qualification is generally quicker to achieve than an accreditation with a professional body and we can advise you further on this.
- If you want to become accredited with a professional membership body such as the EMCC or Association for Coaching, you will need further coaching hours and additional evidence after your ILM qualification or training with us has been completed.
- After initial training, it is personal choice about what you might wish to achieve next and with which awarding body or professional mebership –
we can explain your options.
- Many coaches chose an ILM qualification as the first step to professionalise their coaching, because is can be less time consuming and cheaper than other routes.
inspired2learn articles & blog
Our Partnerships & Affiliations
All of our qualifications are fully regulated and we are approved and accredited by two of the UK’s leading awarding bodies. Our professional memberships ensure that Inspired2Learn courses, coaching and supervision meet high quality and ethical standards.
What our customers
say about us...
A warm and friendly environment in all the training sessions
I learnt a huge amount about being a coach
The programme met my objectives because I wanted to become a qualified coach and the inspired2learn course has given me lots of knowledge and skills. This includes NLP, coaching models (neurological levels), self-reflection, contracting requirements, ethics, deep listening, heightened self-awareness and measuring ROI/E. The individuals I have coached have progressed personally, adding value to my organisation. This was a fantastic course, thanks for all of your support – I learnt a huge amount!
I am so fired up!
“Loved everything about the training, the group, Clare’s leadership and guidance of the sessions. Have learnt so much and have so many techniques to use now. Compared notes with a colleague who has been doing her training through our organisation and she is gutted! She said they have just flogged GROW to death with no additional techniques to use alongside it! So fired up!!” Sally, February 2020
Clare helped me achieve a ‘ good pass’ in my first assignment
Studying whilst working in a demanding role, running a busy home and completing assignments after being out of the academic arena for sometime is a challenge. However, Clare helped me achieve a ‘ good pass’ in my first assignment by giving feedback, and signposting me to additional reading material on each section. I could therefore move onto the next section knowing that I was on the right track and could be confident that I would have a good quality finished assignment.
I thought it was excellent
Thank you for delivering a fantastic, engaging enlightening, no nonsense and thought provoking 2 day workshop. I honestly mean it. I thought it was excellent. In terms of a learning experience I couldn’t fault it. The pacing, content, tone and environment you created was so conducive to learning. I learnt SO much and equally as important I have been inspired to want to learn more. You made me feel comfortable outside my comfort zone!! It was great to be with such lovely and interesting people as well. PS. My 80s T Shirt …. “Be the best version of me”….. I don’t think I’ve been it for a while and the last 2 days have genuinely been a call to action for me to be that person again. Thank you
Offered such a great opportunity
The 2 day sessions with Claire offered such a great opportunity to meet others who are on the same journey although at different starting points. It was really thought provoking, inciteful and motivational. It was useful to hear that my feelings of being overwhelmed, didn’t just belong to me!