What Is ELCAS funding and how can you apply?

Inspired2Learn ELCAS blog banner

If you are currently serving in the armed forces, or have previously served, the Enhanced Learning Credits Administration Service (ELCAS) scheme could help you gain professional qualifications. The scheme provides significant financial support, for a maximum of three years, to help fund higher level learning of a nationally recognised qualification, including CMI Management/ Leadership and ILM Coaching and Mentoring qualifications.

What ELCAS funding is available?

There are two tiers of ELCAS funding available, depending on your time in service. The funding available is either £1,000, or £2,000 per year, and covers 80% of the tuition costs.  You as an individual will need to fund the remaining 20%, however flexible payment and instalment plans are often available from the training provider on request.

Who is eligible?

To be eligible for ELCAS funding, you must have served in the military for a minimum of six years. It is open to both serving personnel and those that have left.

How do I enrol in the MoD’s Enhanced Learning Credits Scheme

There are several stages to the ELC process. Full information is set out in Joint Service Publication (JSP) 822. Serving personnel can register by speaking to your Education Staff.  Service leavers can contact their SSR. More details of both routes can be found on the Enhanced Learning Credits website.

The Inspired2Learn ELCAS supplier number is 7065.  Once you have your Claim Authorisation (CAN) you can simply enrol for the course you wish to undertake.

How do I find out more about ELCAS funding?

To find out more about ELCAS funding, either visit the Enhanced Learning Credits website, or get in touch with the Inspired2Learn team, who will be glad to help.

About Inspired2Learn

Inspired2Learn has been established for over twenty years, delivering Institute of Leadership & Management (ILM) qualifications in Coaching & Mentoring.  Our dedicated team will help to ensure your learning experience is as productive and straightforward as possible. If we can help you achieve a CMI or ILM qualification, we would love to hear from you.



View Blog Categories

Contact Clare and the i2l team

Still not sure if we’re the right training provider for you?

Speak to one of our team to find out more.

Stay updated

More Posts

The link between employee engagement and training and development

Being non-judgemental – 3 simple steps for coaches

Is professional education dead?

Want a great career? Invest in yourself!

Action learning sets

Goal Map – A – Z Coaching and Mentoring

The juggling act of work and ILM study

Narrative Coaching